Irrational fears

Dr. Bob. Let me begin by telling you how much you've helped me and I know so many others. As you know, sometimes these fears are irrational and persistent. You are really doing a wonderful job and your work has doubtlessly saved lives.I thank you. My story goes back to 11 months were I had a blowjob from a woman whom I knew for a long time. I never thought that she might be positively charged. Since, I experienced all kind of HIV symptoms. The list goes on from swollen nodes to sore throat, fever, night sweats etc... I went to an HIV specialist, he told me that my risk is low and got tested at 8 weeks NEG which he claimed conclusive, but I did not believe the results since the symptoms were persistent. Tested negative again at 11 weeks 3rd generation ELISA and still did not believe the results. As the symptoms did not go away, I was affraid that I might test positive. Till I tested yesterday for all STD's and they came back all negative. WOOOHOOOOOOO I visited the site on daily basis. Thanks guys for the information you give. May God bless you all. In addition to the information, I have learned from this site that Knowledge is power and what you do not know may kill you. Now I am very well informed. I will always keep the Dr BOB rule#1 in my mind. I regret the time I spent living with irrational fears. Do not believe the symtoms. Believe the test. Get tested. I will donate to an organisation taking care of HIV positive people in my country. It will be on monthly basis. I will always stay tuned to this great site. Thank you all doctors. Paul

Hello Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and your newfound insights.

WOO-HOO!

I hope other worried wells reading this post will follow your wise advice: "Do not believe the symptoms. Believe the test. Get tested." To that I can only add "Amen"!

This is the only place that can help me!
MI Disclosure laws for herpes