Condom breakage during sex leaving me exposed for a couple minutes

Hello Dr Bob,

I have read several of your posts and am highly impressed with your advice. Please hear my story and let me know what you think.

We had a wild night out with the men last night. After numerous hours of drinking, we ended up at a Brothel.

I was having heterosexual sex with a woman who works there when the condom broke. I believe it was only a couple of minutes, maximum, until I realized it and promptly ran to the bathroom and washed myself off with soap and water.

I am a little freaked out about this as I have always been safe during sex. I can count on one hand how many times I have engaged in sexual intercourse with a woman (always women by the way... :) ).

I do not have any open sores, cuts, abbrasions, etc... on my penis.

Do you have any idea what the chances of catching HIV from this woman are given the situation? I know this is a tough question, and I know to get tested at 90 days. I am hoping you can give me some insight to help qwell my nerves.

Thanks.

The estimated per-act statistical risk of acquiring HIV from unprotected (or broken-condom) insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your statistical odds are even better, because we do not know the HIV status of your Brothel Bertha. In other words the statistical odds are very much in your favor that you did not contract HIV. That said, you still need an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.

NOT FAQ !!! Please Answer....
In dire need of your advice.