Oral Thrush Early HIV

Dear Dr. Francico,

I had a high risk exposure (unprotected anal, I was the insertive) about 4 months ago. I did ask my partners HIV status and he said he was negative. I got tested at 10 and 13 weeks and was negative for HIV but positive for syphilis. I underwent treatment for this already. After using Penicillin and later azythromicin I noticed now I have an oral thrush. I also tested Hep C at 16 weeks and was negative.

Is oral thrush common in early HIV? Are my tests conclusive?

Thanks! Rod

Hello Rod,

Unprotected sex (particularly anal sex) places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. Syphilis is more readily transmitted than HIV. I would consider your negative HIV-antibody tests at 13 weeks conclusive. Your oral thrush is most likely a consequence of your penicillin and azithromycin. Potent antibacterial antibiotics tend to wipe out the normal bacterial flora in our mouth and gut, which can then lead to a fungal overgrowth with candida (thrush). This is a common phenomenon. It often resolves quickly once the antibiotics are discontinued. Thrush can also be treated with a variety of antifungal agents if needed.

The real take-home lesson here Rod is that you need to protect your "rod" by suiting him up in latex before he goes out to play! Remember, "when you go into heat, package your meat"!

Good luck. Be well. Be safe!

will this make me undatable? you do have a way of calming me down
i'm homosexual and like Trannies . Question