Trying again Maybe you will answer this time???

Dr Bob,

I emailed you several weeks back letting you know I had an oral exposure on June 17th. Ever since then I have had multiple symptoms, been to the ER 10 times, multiple blood tests, urine tests, STD Tests and hiv tests at 7,9,10,12 and 14 (99 days) weeks post exposure.. I have had Gall bladder tests thinking I have Gall stones... I have pollips in my gall bladder but not stones.... The doctor also did a Gall bladder study and found the function of the organ is fine....... I have also had kidney stones (passed one ) mid july....... Had a cystoscopy and it came clean..... In your opinion, based on my hiv test history and given I had a one time oral (unprotected) exposure with an escort, can I woohoo and let my hiv test anxiety Go? The nurse at Planned Parenthood told me I need to get this go because after testing negative after 7,9,10,12, and 14 weeks post exposure , it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to have hi.... Would you concur with this assessment?

I concur with the advice you received at Planned Parenthood. Multiple negative HIV-antibody tests out to 99 days is definitive and conclusive. Your HIV-risk exposure of "one time oral unprotected exposure with an escort" would be considered an extremely low risk. Your "symptoms" are not consistent with or worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

The bottom line is HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional testing is warranted.

Now what's up with your 10 visits to the emergency room?? The emergency room, as the name implies, is for emergencies! It is not the place to go for a diagnostic workup of a chronic problem! Your general medical doctor should perform that type of evaluation. If you don't have a general medical doctor, you should! And if you don't have a general medical doctor because you don't have (or have lost) health insurance, well then you're just another example of why we need universal health care and significant health care reform. No one should need to go to the emergency room 10 times just because they had a blow job!

Does sucking nipples pose any threat of HIV infection?
expired meds