THANKS FROM CANCUN

DR. BOB, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE PROMPT ANSWER AND I JUST MADE MY PROMISED DONATION. SO, I CAN GO ON WITH MY NORMAL LIFE AND NO MORE TESTS REQUIRED??? BELIEVE ME GOD MUST HAVE SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL FOR YOU. REGARDS FROM MEXICAN PARADISE, CANCUN.

Thanks for your thanks and your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated.

The only reason to consider additional HIV testing related to your stripper incident would be for "peace of mind." It's not necessary from a medical perspective. Consequently yes, you should move on with your normal life. By the way is there such a thing as a "normal life" when one lives in paradise???

Stay well.

DYING, I BEG YOU TO ANSWER ME Sep 25, 2009 HI DR. BOB, AND I APPRECIATE SO MUCH YOUR PROMPT ANSWER. I'M WRITING FROM CANCUN, MEXICO AND I'IM VERY WORRIED. HERE'S MY STORY. ABOUT ONE MONTH AND A HALF AGO I WENT TO A STREAP CLUB WITH A FRIEND AND AFTER SOME DRINKS I HAD TWO DANCES WITH A STREAPER. I SUCKED THERE NIPPLES, RIMMED HER, SOMETIMES I THINK I INSERTED MY TONGUE INTO HER ANUS, WE KISSED AND I PLAYED WITH MY FINGERS IN HER ANUS FOR SOME SECONDS (THAT WAS ALL).I DON'T KNOW THE STATUS OF THE GIRL. I'M REALLY FREAKED OUT SINCE THAT DAY AND I ALREADY TOOK TWO TESTS WHICH THEY WHERE NEGATIVE BUT I'M STILL DYING OF FEAR AND ANXIETY; THE FIRST ONE WAS AT THE 10 DAYS AND THE OTHER ONE AT THE 30 DAYS. PLEASE TELL ME THE REAL RISK OF GETTING VIH AND DO YOU THINK I HAVE TO GET TESTED AGAIN? ONE LAST QUESTION. THES DAYS I'VE BEEN FEELING TICKLES, PUNCTURES AND BURNING SENSATION ALL AROUND MY BODY AND SO I HAVE TO SCRATCH AND TAKE A MEDICINE CALLED AVAPENA 25MG. THERE'S NOT BEEN FEVER, HEADACHES OR FLU. DOES THIS HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH VIH INFECTION? BY THE WAY, AS SOON AS YOU ANSWER I'M GONNA DONATE SOME MONEY TO THIS CAUSE. YOUR WORK IS REMARKABLE AND I'LL KEEP DONATING. PLEASE ANSWER ME!!!

FROM CANCUN, I WROTE YOU YESTERDAY PLEASE , PLEASE ANSWER (Submitted Sep 23, 2009) YESTERDAY I WROTE YOU MY EXPERIENCE AT A STRIPCLUB. I HAD SOME DRINKS AND I PAYED FOR A DANCE WITH A STRIPPER. I KISSED HER, SUCK THERE NIPPLES, SOME INSERTIVE RIMMING AND A LITTLE BIT OF DIGITAL ANAL PLAY. THIS HAPPENED 40 DAYS AGO MORE OR LESS. I MADE A TES AT THE 10 DAYS AND AT THE 28 DAYS; BOTH WHERE NEGATIVE. I DONT KNOW THE STATUS OF THE GIRL BUT IM REALLY FREAKED OUT. PLEASE UNDERSTAND ME AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO. THE FIRST DAYS AFTER THE EXPOSURE I HAD ANXIETY (BESIDES OF THE GUILT, NERVOUS AND FEAR I ALSO QUIT SMOKING AND I USED TO SMOKE 10 TO 12 CGARRETES PER DAY) VERY STRONG SO I HAVE TO TAKE LEXAPRO FOR THAT. I HAD MOUTH ACHE, INCLUDING TEETH AND TONGUE. I QUIT LEZAPRO AFTER ONE WEEK AND THE MOUTH PROBLEM DISAPPEARED. THERE WHERE NO FEVERS, HEADACHE OR FLU SYMPTOMS. THREE DAYS AGO I HAD A KIND O RASH THAT I RELIEF WITH AVAPENA 25 MG (ANTYHYSTAMINIC) BUT NOW Y HAVE TICKLES IN ALL MY BODY. WHICH MY REAL RISK OF GETTING HIV? ARE THIS SYMPTOMS OF HIV? DO I HAVE TO TEST AGAIN OR DO I GO ON WITH MY NORMAL LIFE? BY THE WAY, THE ENCOUNTER LASTED NO MORE THAN 3 TO 4 MINUTE. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR WORK AND ADMIRE YOU. PLEASE ANSWER ME AND I PROMISE ILL BE DONATING MONTHLY AT LEAST 50USD (IS WHAT I CAN RIGHT NOW)

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. Sucking on boobs, whether they belong to a silicone-enhanced bouncing Betty at the local Badda Bing or an uptight Republican librarian is not considered a risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. There have been no documented cases of getting HIV form rimming or getting rimmed. However, you can contract other STDs from rimming, such as hepatitis A, intestinal parasites and herpes.

Additional HIV testing is not medically warranted. However, if you're freaked out by your stripper sextravaganza, a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark would provide you with a definitive result which should put your mind at rest and quell any residual (unwarranted) fears of being HIV infected. The result will undoubtedly be negative.

Thank you for your donations to The Robert James Francine AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated and urgently needed. Your gifts will touch many lives in desperate need. On behalf of those individuals, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Be well! Stop worrying, OK?

infection from dry blood (DRIED BLOOD, 2009)
Underwear thiev