HIV Positive and wanting to get ears pierced

Hi there - not sure which area I should ask this but maybe you can help.... I'm HIV+ and am getting married next April for which I have a stunning dress blah blah blah and I'd love to get my ears pierced.

I'm in the UK but I'm assuming it would be the same for USA - is it 'ok' for me to go to a regular piercing place and not tell them my status? I'd like to think they all have guidelines to follow anyhow and should deal with all piercings the same way ie hygiene wise? Or am I being naive?

So basically - am I duty bound to tell them which will then probably freak out the piercer?

There is no need to disclose your HIV status when getting your ears pierced. Universal precautions have been in place for many years to prevent transmission (in either direction) of blood-borne diseases (HIV, hepatitis, etc.). Remember, many HIVers have absolutely no idea they are infected (1 in 5 here in the U.S.!). So, go ahead and get your diamond studs or shoulder dusters without worry, OK?

Congrats on your upcoming walk down the aisle.

Unfortunate situation and furious
Oral sex with a prostitute and penile (urethra) against vaginal lips