eosinophilia and effect on testing

Hi, I may have been exposed to a hiv+ patients saliva approximately 10 weeks ago. He was kind of biting back against my thumb although he did not actually clench his teeth into my thumb. I had gloves on, but I forgot to check them before I threw them into the trash--when I looked at my thumb later, I noticed that I had a cut on it and there was some blood but I'm not sure how fresh the cut was. Anyway, I did not notice any copious amounts of blood/if there was blood in his mouth, it was not visible but I also didn't examine too well. I did not take PEP because I was told it was low risk. Well, approximately 1 week later, I started feeling a sore throat coming on and I noticed whitish spots on one of my tonsils. Then, a couple of weeks later, I noticed a possible rash on my collarbone area which went away a couple of days later. I never had a fever. Now, I wish I had taken PEP!! I got tested at 6 weeks and it was negative and I also got tested at 9 1/2 weeks which was also negative. I fully intend on getting tested again at 12 weeks and will hopefully have some good news. My question is, I have pretty bad allergies...I had blood work done a few months ago and it showed i had pretty significant eosinophilia at that time but everything else was normal. would that eosinophilia make me immunocompromised in any way that would prevent me from having an accurate test at the 12 week mark?

I agree with the recommendation that PEP would not be warranted for this type of potential exposure. Eosinophilia (commonly seen in folks with allergic disorders) does not cause immunosuppression. (In fact "allergies" are the result of an overactive immune system!). Eosinophilia will not affect the HIV window period or accuracy of HIV-related tests.

Question on risk of exposure and relevance of symptoms
$100 for oral risk question