Amsterdam Risky Good Times

Let me start by saying that I met Doctor Bob's life partner a couple years ago and he's probably the sweetest doctor I have ever met, I was so happy with the way he treated me as a doctor that I'm sure I will never forget about him. I wish all doctors were like that.

Ok so... I went to Amsterdam 3 weeks ago and I saw 2 sex workers, more precisely dominatrixes, bear with me. We had "unusual" sexual contact. Both of them wore strap-on dildos and penetrated my anus ( just trying to make it clear). The thing is, they probably did that to a bunch of guys before me, maybe even within a 30 min before I saw them. Another important fact, they both wore condoms on the dildos before penetrating me, but still... I'm sick of reading condoms are not 100% effective. The action was pretty hard but they both used some lube and I never penetrated them or we had oral sex on one another. The environment seemed fairly clean and one of them washed

Today it's been exactly 2 weeks since the episode. Last week I started to feel really tired, pretty unusual to me, that's been going for about 6 days I would say. I feel sleepy all the time and with no energy. My head hurts a little bit the whole time and today my throat is sore ( the reason why I decided to post this question). I also lost some weight but that happened probably over the course of the past 2 weeks ( earlier than the other symptoms). I feel so weird, like a general discomfort that never ends. Sometimes I think I have a fever, but when me temperature read normal. My questions are: 1-What's my risk based on this experience considering they were sex workers in Amsterdam seeing 10-15 man every night. Basically a condom protected (used by many other men) sex toy in my anus poses a risk or not? 2-I know you shouldn't rely on symptoms for HIV diagnosis, but what about the ARS timeline. feeling like this after 1 week of the exposure is too early or not? And I don't know if the symptoms occur all at the same time or not. Remeber I'm starting to feel worse on the 2nd week after potential exposure. Please educate me on that one. 3-Do any other STDs can give you symptoms similar to the ones I described?

Thanks a lot

I couldn't agree more with you about Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum). He's my "heaven on a stick." By the way, not only are we "life partners," but we're actually legally married. We tied the knot hastily last Halloween just in time to beat the evil Proposition 8 initiative in California. The officiate dressed in a Star Trek outfit and, of course, "live long and prosper" was predictably part of the ceremonial comments. So far the quote seems to be working!

Regarding your Amsterdam walk on the wild side with not one, but two dominatrixes (my, you must have been a naughty, naughty boy!), you can relax Max. You played safe. A condom-covered strap-on dildo does not pose a risk for HIV transmission.

Responding to your specific questions:

1. HIV-acquisition risk: nonexistent.

2. Timeline schmimeline. "Symptoms" remain notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. ARS symptoms are variable in presentation and severity. These symptoms generally present as a symptom complex, which means they show up around the same time approximately two to three weeks after primary HIV infection.

3. Fatigue, feeling "so weird" and "general discomfort" are vague complaints. I do not believe these are STD related, as your dominatrix sextravaganza was safe. If you continue to feel unwell, see your general medical doctor for an evaluation or pop in and visit with Dr. Steve again. I remain confident your symptoms are not HIV related.

Be well.

hard lumps
Question on risk of exposure and relevance of symptoms