Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE ANWSER ME and HOW DO YOU DONATE.
Sep 25, 2009

Im really scared. Well on may 25th i had a sexual encounter with a homosexual. He was 19 years of age and i have known him for about a year and a half. There was making out,unprotective oral(i was receiving it), and protective anal(i was on top). i tested at four weeks after exposure and it was negative. Then i tested at 11 & a 1/2 weeks after exposure and the result came back negative. they were elisa blood tests. What worries me is that a day or two before the 11 & a 1/2 test i started to experiece ars symptoms, such as, light muscle aches, unable to sleep, mild night sweats, somewhat like diaherra but not quite, sometimes trouble swallowing,and felt like i was going to get a soar throat but i never did. i never got a fever or rash. All this started two days after i noticed about three to five small bruises on my body which sowhere online i read that easy bruising is a symptom of hiv. then again i do work construction. It seems to late to be ars symptoms. I want to say that the symptoms were caused my anxiety and stress after i saw the bruises but who knows. The other thing that is really worrying me is that 1 to 2 weeks before the symptoms i got a DUI which they had to draw blood at the cop station. Im even more worried now because my mind is racing on the fact that maybe the needle they used at the cop station was infected. The DUI happened two weeks before the symptoms which is in the time line when ars occurs. I would greatly appreciate your advice. On friday im going in for my 4 & 1/2 month test after exposure and my eigth week test after the DUI incident. Can you please analyze my risks and chances of my test changing? All i can think about is hiv. One more question: how do you donate to your foundation?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV acquisition risk is very low (unprotected insertive oral, protected insertive anal). Your negative HIV ELISA at 11.5 weeks is conclusive (although we would prefer a full 12-week test!). Your fears about the blood draw for your DUI are unwarranted. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS. Your 4.5-month HIV test will undoubtedly be negative (and WOO-HOO-able!).

Donation information for The Robert James Francine AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well. A WOO-HOO is coming your way!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Oral sex with HIV + girl
Next
worried men made a donation -another $30 coming up-please help final question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.