HIV prevention

I am new at forum. I am a 39 yr old female never been sexually active by choice. I am currently dating someone that is HIV positive and has been since 1990. He is in good health and has been undetectable for the last two years. He told me about his status early in the relationship. I reallize there are many forms of protection. We would rather wait until marriage to have sex. Where should I begin to become better informed? I am nervous about things but we are both willing to see this through.

I would suggest both you and your virally enhanced Mr. Right read through the information in the archives of this forum. We have entire chapters devoted to magnetic couples, HIV sexual transmission, HIV sexual prevention, safer sexual techniques, oral sex and other related topics. That should provide you both with a good foundation, including some harm-reduction strategies for magnetic couples. You might also go with your fiance to his doctor's appointments. His HIV specialist physician can also be an excellent resource for any specific questions that might arise.

HIV and memory loss
pre chewing food for infant