HIV and memory loss
Sep 25, 2009
I have been living with HIV for 16 years. I am still undetectable and have a CD4 count around 1500. My main side effects from meds are fatigue, insomnia, and the worse is memory loss. I can't remember anything anymore. Is this a common problem? Is there any meds that are better to prevent memory loss? Is there any recommendations to help increase my memory? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Memory loss can be part of HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders. There are, of course, other non-HIV-related conditions that can affect memory as well. Talk to your HIV specialist. A referral to an HIV-knowledgeable neurologist may help to more specifically diagnose your problem. Specific recommendations for treatment depend on what's causing the problem.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.