What puts me at risk besides the obvious.

I've recently started dating someone who is HIV positive. He's a great guy and was very honest about his status as soon as it became relevant. I have no intention on breaking it off because of his positive status. He's been positive for 4 years, takes atripla, he's never been sick and is in very good health. I've never been in this situation before and I have so many questions I don't even know where to start. I suppose I have a lot of reading to do. What puts me at risk besides the obvious? What forms of intimacy can we not partake. I want to be a strong and supportive partner to him also, now if someone could just tell me how.

"I suppose I have a lot of reading to do." Yep! I agree and I'd suggest you begin by reading through the chapters in the archives of this forum devoted to magnetic couples, HIV sexual transmission, HIV sexual prevention, oral sex and safer sexual techniques. You will find there is a wealth of information there that should address most, if not all of your questions. You and your positively charged mate should read this information together and discuss it. If you have outstanding questions after that, you could pose them here or discuss them with your boyfriend's HIV physician specialist.

I should mention I've been the the virally enhanced component of a very successful magnetic couple with my legally married spouse Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum) for 16 years and counting. We are living proof that magnetic couples can enjoy "happily ever after!"

Good luck. Be well.

re: sore knee read first
Dr. Bob's #1 rule