HIV2 / Primary infection

I m writing from France. As you, Doctor Robert, might know it, there is a trend here in France to say that the new HIV 1/2 assays 4th generation is so sensible that the results of tests are kind of definitive if done 6 weeks after the risk exposure. I took a risk on the last 31t july (got several Sexual intercourse with a prostitue in Colombia (pacific Coast where most of the people looks like African)..and I am very afraid of having caught HIV. Indeed I m still have a lot of symptoms, mostly cutaneous (red spot/ peeling skin on the palms, no fewer at all, but funny sensation of not being well, day and night, also a kind of burning sensation on the face. Before I got a sorethroat with bloody fluid discharge...

Well I did the test at 6 weeks and at 7 weeks, with HIV1 PCR, all of them are negative...But because of my symptoms I m sure that the stream of HIV i have is of the Type 2. Please advice me what to do next which test you suggest me to do, the doctors here assume that everything is right, and nothing else has to be dome despite I m feeling still so unwell...

I agree with your doctors: You are HIV-1 and HIV-2 negative! Please note the "new HIV-1/2 assay 4th generation" test you took tests for both HIV-1 and HIV-2 (that's what "HIV-1/2" stands for!). Your undetectable HIV PCR test just corroborates your HIV-negative status. Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is absolutely certain: It's not HIV-1 or HIV-2! If you're feeling "unwell," follow up with your doctor, but remember, the cause is definitely not HIV related, OK?

Stop having unprotected sex and you won't have to worry about this type of problem in the future!

Response- "Our healthcare system is fair" post
HIV 2 Down Under