Private for Dr. Bob from Dallas

Hello Again from Texas. I hope this brief note finds you well. I have some troubling news to report...developed headache, nausea, bad diarrhea, and a temp to 100.5 at week 7 (post exposure). Really disappointed. I know you are trying to help alot of people, and I feel selfish...but any wisdom is greatly appreciated. Thanks as always.

Hi Mister X (I'll keep your identity concealed),

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been out of pocket a bit as Steve and I have been in Montreal for the past week and Internet access has been a bit sketchy. As I'm sure you know from reading my comments in this forum, "symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected." They symptoms you describe could be attributed to many common ailments. To assume they are HIV induced would require a quantum leap over a gazillion other more common potential causes. (Chances are you'll know what I mean when I remind you of the saying,"when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras!"). Mr. X, in your line of work you are exposed to many potential pathogens. I'm willing to bet you picked up a very routine flu (not even something a bit more exotic like novel H1N1 or H5N1). I should also remind you that you are now out of the period where acute retroviral syndrome symptoms would likely occur.

Hang in there Mr. X. Your period of limbo is getting shorter by the day. I remain confident and hopeful a WOO-HOO is headed your way.

Be well! (And I mean that!)

Is there a Risk?
Super De Duper Quick Questions