Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Risk Assessment Please
Sep 23, 2009

Hello Doctor,

I am a 22 year old male. My possible risk was Sunday morning about 2 am. I was at my friend's house for his wife's birthday party. I had too much to drink and while in the bathroom when I went there to puke I blacked out. I'm not sure how long it was before my friend found me but I did hear a couple people try to come in door I believe was unlocked. My pants were unbuckled as I tried to go to the bathroom before I started puking but I think I didn't finish putting my pants fully up.

The possible risk I am concerned about would be if I had been anally raped. When I woke up I did not sense any pain in that area and during the course of the day as well there was no pain until I passed a stool and also after I examined the area. Now there is a continuing tingling/pain feeling in the area. There was no blood on the boxers just stool streaks.

I am going to seek medical care as soon as they open this morning. I can see this being a very anxiety driven question to ask since this is just an IF it happened question. I see I have a drinking problem which I need to take care of. Considering it was a friend's family event I'm thinking the risk of it even happening is lower than say at a bar. And It may just be guilt making me think of such scenarios.

I am sorry for rambling on with useless information and asking such an anxiety driven question but any medical help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like to donate please let me know how to do so.

- Scared Dude

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Scared Dude,

You're afraid you may have been anally raped after passing out from too many margaritas at your friend's wife's birthday party??? Hmm. Exactly what kind of friends do you have that would consider having anal sex with a drunken, puking guy passed out on the bathroom floor? Dude, come on, get real! The chance of this happening is about the same as Obama replacing Hillary with Joe Wilson (South Carolina "You Lie" Senator) as secretary of state! I absolutely agree you have a drinking problem and in addition you also have irrational HIV fears. I would recommend psychotherapy (counseling) to help with both of these problems.

As for there being stool streaks on your boxers, all I can say is "ick, TMI!"

Thanks for your willingness to make a donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Don't be scared dude, but do get the help you need, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
BACK PAIN DuE TO SELF SuCKING
Next
still hope for you answer

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.