Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Possible way of transmission or not?
Sep 19, 2009

Dear Mr Frascino,

I am sending you tha message from Greece. 3 days ago i had sex with a prostitute.I used condom from the begining during oral sex and vagina sex. On my index finger of my right hand i have some very very small brownish blots or spots(i dont konw the exact word).I have them since many many time ago,they are not bleeding at all,there is no pain,no itch/prickle.Even when i am having bath or soap my hands,those blots/spots remain the same.Probably it must be a kind of xeroderma,i dont know,a dermatologist is the most suitable person to tell me. Which is my anxiety: Since i finished the vagina sex with the girl,i touched the condom which had(as it is logical) vaginal fluids,with my fingers and exactly with the specific point on my finger,in which there are those blots/spots. Is it possible for the virus to be transmmited via such a kind of touch??? Are there any possibilities? I know ,it may seems to be fool my question but i would really appreciate a lot your answer,because you are a real expert. I had sent you a question 3 years ago and your answer really helped me. I didn't made my donation as i had prommised to you,but i want to make it now,so as to be ok with myself.i dont like to promise and go back. So send me please the bank account to make the transfer. Looking forward for your answer!

Best Regards from Greece Kostas

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Kostar,

Welcome back to the forum.

The HIV-transmission/acquisition risk from the activity you describe is essentially nonexistent. I see absolutely no cause for concern. HIV cannot penetrate intact skin.

Donation information from The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. The instructions for direct bank-to-bank wire transfer are there as well as information for using credit cards, PayPal, personal checks, cashier's checks, etc. Thank you for your willingness to help others in need.

Continue to practice safer sex and you'll stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
My Bf found out he's HIV+
Next
cure

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.