Flipped-Tested and waiting

Dr. Bob-Well, I did it. I got tested yesterday(just 3 days early).I figured it wouldn't hurt due to my risk being remote and essentially non-existent,(eye rubbing) . So, now I wait. I am really afraid. I know everyone said I was O.K.(you and other drs.), but I still can't help wondering about other ways I could have gotten it. Why do I do this to myself? If I would have gotten to the testing center earlier yesterday, I would already know. They only run hiv tests on Mon., Wed., and Fridays, but even though it was Friday, I missed the cut off. Now, I wait until Monday. I will be so afraid everytime the phone rings and if it doesn't, then I will have to call them. I have waited 11 1/2 weeks to find out(total hell) and now I'm not sure I want to know. Dr. Bob, what is wrong with me? All I do is cry. I want to believe I am O.K., but I am afraid to. Is this normal? Dr. Bob- I know there is nothing you can tell me to make me feel better, but my husband really doen't want to hear anymore. I have drove him crazy with needing reassurances. (GAD people need that). But tell me if you would, are there any other documented cases of hiv transmission other than the normal ways(unprotedted sex, drug usage with needles, mother to child, and occupational infections in healthcare setting)? I have preused the forum for unusual ways to get hiv and I didn't see anything? Please answere one more question if you would-Is it possible to get hiv from the dentist office such as patient to patient? Would the dentist have the have an hiv+patient in the other room, walk directly into my room and use the same needle to inject me? How long can hiv live in a needle used by a dentist for numbing, even if the needle is recapped? Please, Dr. Bob, would you answer that question for me? My husband thinks I am crazy and so probably do you, but I really need to know you opinioin. Dr. Bob-thank you so much for responding to me. I feel God is with you and asking you to help me. I also hope you are feeling well yourself. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hey Flipped,

Glad you got tested. I can already predict with completely confidence the result will be negative. A non-risk "exposure" always will test negative.

As for ". . . what's wrong with me? All I do is cry . . ." I believe you are already well aware what's wrong. You have developed a phobia about HIV and consequently have fears about begin HIV infected. Psychotherapy to treat the underlying irrational fears is the best way to manage the very real medical problem.

Your fears about HIV transmission from dental offices is once again completely unwarranted. HIV has been with us for well over a quarter of a century. Its routes of transmission are very well understood and documented. If you are not equally worried about being smashed to smithereens by a falling meteor while simultaneously being zapped by three bolts of lightening while watching Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh confess they are really just fat loudmouthed mean-spirited morons, well, you shouldn't worry about contracting HIV from your dentist, OK?

Good luck. I'm "positive" (in more ways than one) you'll be WOO-HOO-ing on Monday.

less then 3 % from a single anal sex act sounds fishy....
Thanks