is dangerous to stay in a magnetic couple

hi doctor robert.i admire you a lot.my husbant is hiv + from march this year.i am non.i just had the test for the 6 months and is negative.i love him very much and we want to have a child and to continue our lives.do i live with the fear that he can die soon or that something can go wrong with his health.somebody told me that is not moral to born a child in such a couple.he is a doctor and he is hiv + from this year.he is doing well and he takes care about himself.thank you very much.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's recent HIV diagnosis. It is indeed fortunate that you have remained HIV negative. A negative six-month test is conclusive. You should continue to use latex or polyurethane condoms for all penetrative sex. I would recommend both you and your husband review the information in the archives of this forum, particularly the chapters on magnetic couples, safer sexual techniques, HIV sexual transmission, HIV sexual prevention and pregnancy. Pay particular attention to the harm-reduction strategies suggested for magnetic couples.

The person who advised you it was not moral to consider pregnancy because of your husband's HIV-positive status is woefully misinformed. I would suggest you refer that person to this Web site (or any other legitimate science-based HIV information Web site) to learn the facts and help dispel the myths surrounding HIV/AIDS.

As for pregnancy, the safest method involves sperm washing and in vitro fertilization. You can read much more about this and other pregnancy options for magnetic couples in the archives.

You state you love your husband very much. I see absolutely no reason you should "live in fear" or change your plans for a long and happy life together. As you may or may not know, I too am part of a magnetic couple. Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum) is HIV negative and I am positively charged (so to speak). We've been together 16 years and counting. Our relationship remains loving, passionate, committed and sexually satisfying. "Happily ever after" does exist for HIVers and magnetic couples. We're living proof.

Just thanks! (no question).
Beffudled