Gout and HIV drugs
Sep 13, 2009
Hi Doc, and thanks for your time, Please help as I'm a little worried. I started taking PEP 9 days ago after a risky exposure. Im taking Truvada one tablet once a day and Kaletra 2 tablets twice a day. After about three days I got a sudden gout attack. Ive had gout before (usually after a weekened of excess) but this seems odd and it wont go away. Can you tell me is gout linked to the the drugs im taking or more importantly could it be linked to the HIV infection itself?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Relax Max. Gout is not a common complication of PEP or HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Can't You Have Sex After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- Is Herpes Spread By Sharing Food?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Can You Take To Make Chlamydia Go Away?
- What Are All The Ways You Can Get Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.