Sep 13, 2009
I live in Massachusetts and as you know, the MA Dept of Health says a 6 week negative anti body test is conclusive. I would like to believe that since I tested negative at 6 weeks but I am following your advice on testing again at 3 months. I had a high risk possible exposure and 2 weeks later developed swollen nodes and a white coating of the tounge (which I pray is from allergies). My questions are:
1) can allergies slow down the production of anti bodies?
2) can stress and anxiety (which I have experienced big time) slow down anti body production?
3) can anti anxiety medication like Lexapro or Paxil slow down anti body production?
Thanks...I look forward to your response.
Thanks for all you do!
Response from Dr. Frascino
2. Nope (if they did, no one would ever test HIV positive!)
You're welcome! Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Std's
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.