Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sent from my iPhone
Sep 13, 2009

I'll make it short. Had unprotected oral sex with a girl I met at a bar. Common theme here. We have been still talking and wanted to go further but I wanted for both of us to get tested. She won't do it. So this freaks me out. I have tested 7 TIMES out to 6 months - negative. She still won't get tested. I am nervous because I have two kids and obviously don't want to infect them over something I have done. My questions are - If she is infected, have I waited long enough to be sure that I am indeed negative? And is there anyway of finding out if she is and to report her so she can not infect anyone else? Thanks for all your time, I really am thankful for what you do. Donation to your foundation on the way!!!!!!! Wyatt

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Wyatt,

"Had unprotected oral sex with a girl I met at a bar." Yep, I've definitely heard that one before!

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to six months are definitive, conclusive and excessive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted.

As for your gal-pal, no you cannot force her to get tested or report her based on your suspicions. The best we can do is to educate folks to assume that all their sexual partners could be HIV infected and therefore to take all the necessary precautions to protect their health and prevent potential spread of the virus.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated and will be used as part of our HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention programs to help address the very problem discussed above.

Be well Wyatt.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Pls Doc answer my question -> will donate !
Next
MASS Confusion

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.