Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Someone to talk to
Sep 13, 2009

I relize i am crazy, one day while jacling off a guy touched my nut sack. with his hand, he was fully dressed and had not touched himself. I know i can not get HIV this way. However I can not let this go. do you know of some one us worried well folks can talk to about our fears?Thank you for all u do

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You are absolutely correct your HIV acquisition risk is completely nonexistent. You are not crazy, but you do harbor irrational fears. You are not alone as you can see bye reviewing the impressive number of worried wells (and "x-filers") who visit and use this forum on a regular basis. And what you see here is, of course, only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak!

Irrational fears are certainly not limited to HIV. Many folks may harbor irrational fears of heights or flying or snakes or spiders or rabid rightwing wingnuts fomenting myths and lies about health care reform. Oh, OK, that last group really is scary, I must agree. But the others are common examples of totally unwarranted worries. How could an itsy bitsy, teeny weenie spider hurt a 200-pound man??? Yet some guys totally freak at the sight of a minuscule eight-legged creepy crawler! The best way to confront and conquer any type of phobia is to seek psychotherapy (counseling). Psychologists are usually well versed in how to treat these types of problems. Ask your general medical doctor for a referral. Recognizing you have a problem with irrational fears is half the battle.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
WoooooooHoooooooo
Next
Pls Doc answer my question -> will donate !

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.