WoooooooHoooooooo

Hi Doctor Bob,

You never did answer my questions, but I read everything you wrote because I believe you more than anyone else. You helped me thru a dark three months. I just tested negative after insertive oral sex. I got a test at 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks and 15 weeks. I have an HIV phobia. I just want to let everyone know, please do not look up every symptom, believe you are dying and stress over the possiblities. It got me no where but sicker by the day. Just research and look thru the archives in this forum and be patient and take your test at 3 months. Stress and fear can play tremendous tricks on your body. I had every symptom and put myself in bed for days. Not worth it. Play safe, wear a condum and listen to Dr. BOB. I will from now on. A minute of pleasure is not worth the months of stress. Thanks Doc for being there for all of us. Your the best...

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share not only your excellent news but also your newfound insights. Thanks also for being understanding and for realizing that due to the phenomenal number of questions that cram their way into my inbox on a continual basis from throughout the cyber universe, I can only respond personally to a very small number. Your question concerning unprotected insertive oral sex followed by "symptoms" and leading eventually to "HIV phobia" is a common one. In fact, in the archives we have entire chapters devoted to oral sex, "symptoms," HIV sexual transmission and many related topics. By reading the archives questioners can very often find the information they need or the reassurance they desire, just as you did.

Be well. Stay well. And, of course, WOO-HOO!

Thank you
Someone to talk to