Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Argh! FUDRUCKERS!
Sep 8, 2009

So, I was eating at Fudruckers and while there I rubbed my leg against the chair next to me and there was a piece of the wood chair that was sticking out. It scraped my leg and made it bleed a bit. Probably like the size of a paper cut. If someone with HIV had the same incident just before me...is there a risk. I was sitting in the chair for about 5-10 before it happened.

Thanks for any advice, I appreciate it! P.S How can I safely donate to your foundation. I recently had Identity Theft happen to me, and I don't want to use my credit card. Thanks a lot :)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

So you were pricked at Fuddruckers, eh? Well, relax Max! That may sound a bit nasty and unsafe but in reality your HIV-acquisition risk from this type of incident is nonexistent. HIV doesn't live very long outside the body. Neither worry nor HIV testing is warranted. (Certainly one could be at risk from being pricked, so to speak, but that would relate to an entirely different type of "prick" and an unsafe activity that I'm sure Fuddruckers does not have on its menu.)

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Credit card and PayPal donations through the foundation's website are absolutely secure. However, other types of donations, such as personal checks, cashier's checks, cash, appreciated securities, direct bank-to-bank wire transfers, etc. are also certainly warmly welcomed.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Broken Condom In Bangkok
Next
please answer my question...im begging for your merciful kindness

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.