just a hello -- no question

Hi Dr Bob,

I just wanted to say hello to you, I had asked a question about sex (naturally) many moons (about 5 years) ago, I still read your column occasionally and you make me laugh. I have so much respect and admiration for you. I am married now and planning to have babies soon, I will tell them all about safe sex and make sure they never become ignorant abstinence-only home-schoolers or worried wells. ;-)

I'm glad you are doing well and I love you! Thanks for being a beacon of enlightenment, compassion, and love in this world. I am interested in HIV-AIDS (a family member suffers from it) and just finished reading And the Band Played On. Good read but depressing as hell, that so many people died before the country woke up and gave half a shit.

Keep well, love you and best to you & yours!

G

Hi G.,

Welcome back to the forum. It's always a pleasure to have visits from x-filers (ex-worried wells) and/or those who utilized the information in this forum years and years ago. Thanks for your kind comments! They are very much appreciated.

Randy Shilts's book "And the Band Played On" is an excellent (and sobering) chronicle of the early days of the epidemic. I wish it were required reading in all high schools.

Be well G. Good luck with the baby making! Drop by the forum anytime. You're always welcome.

Your daily dose of worried married men (MARRIED MEN AND GAY SEX, 2009)
Advise Please-Part 3