BEST NEWS EVER!

Dear Dr. Bob

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-DE-FRIKKIN-WOOP-DE-EF-FIN-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Home access results at 3 months came back negative. DEFINITIVE and CONCLUSIVE! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I would give you a HUGE HUG right now if I could. Now I can be rest assured that my chronic sore throat and post nasal drip and conjunctivitis and fatigue, and coated tongue, and whatever signs/symptoms Ive been so hyper-vigilant about are being caused by something else. Probably my anxiety or allergies or whatever it may be. The mind really truly is a powerful thing. But one thing I know for sure thanks to you Dr. Bob is that HIV is NOT my problem. NO WAY NO HOW.

So I just want to re-cap for all of the other forum readers out there of my story. Im a 25 year old male, met some guys on the internet for some unprotected oral sex. First incident was 5/17/09 unprotected oral both received and gave, protected penetrative with me being the insertive partner. PROPERLY used condoms are a non-existent risk because HIV can not penetrate INTACT latex, NO WAY NO HOW. So no matter if it was a CSW, a gal pal, the stud-muffin next door, your hot tranny mess, or whoever else, the facts remain the same! Second incident 5/27/09 unprotected oral only received and gave, a few days later came down with a terrible terrible terrible upper respiratory tract infection, (didnt know about ARS at the time) but afterwards thought it could be due to incident number 1 because incident #2 was too soon to develop ARS symptoms. Third incident 6/11/09 unprotected oral give and receive lots of pre-cum, and some gentle ass play, fingers inserted only - not considered a risk with intact skin and no blood, wounds, open cuts or sores or herpetic lesions.

I tested 6/22/09 for HIV during a routine annual physical, and that was negative. But somehow that triggered great anxiety and guilt in my head and convinced myself and my buddy I was positive. My buddy from incident 3 also subsequently tested negative mid-July probably after my neurotic pestering.. All this was encouraging, but not enough for me! I was going crazy, convincing myself I was positive. This forum saved my life and my sanity! Read the archives, your answers are in there! Use the handy search feature at the top of the page! The one suggestion I have (for the website manager) is to create a specific archive heading of worried-wells or x-files for easier reference so that people can see that they are not alone, there are THOUSANDS of us who have experienced the same, or nearly the same experiences, and guess what? Dr. Bob is RIGHT! Surprise surprise! (and Im sure you are tired of answering the same questions day after day, year after year)

Anyhow, exactly 6 weeks after the 3rd incident, I came down with chronic sore throat that would not, and is still not resolving, but hopefully after my negative test it will. I hope its just all in my head, but I do know that it is not due to HIV. LISTEN to Dr. Bob people, an expert in the field who combines his evidence based knowledge of the disease (translating the latest research for us) and his wit, charm, charisma and fine art of (electronic) patient management and many years of clinical experience along with cohabitating with this virus! You cant ask for more from a physician who has both the knowledge of being the clinician and the patient!! Truly an inspiration and honor for all of us to have him share his wealth of information with us in the midst of his busy life, FREE of charge, out of the goodness of his incredibly large heart.

THANK YOU Dr. BOB!!!! Your incredible Karma has worked its magic, and in return Ive sent my good luck karma to you and Dr. Steve ( I wish I could read Spanish so I could read his forum too ). I have donated about a month ago to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation when this all started, but I didnt want to mention it then because I know you read every single one of these emails that bombard your inbox at a breakneck pace, and that your answers are not affected by donations at all! (thanks for the hand-signed thank you letter back!) But I will continue to donate, because for the past 2 months, I know what its like to think I have been HIV positive and experienced the stigma (even though it was imaginary) in my own minds eye, and know that there is a huge amount of work that is still ahead to find a cure. I would also like to challenge other readers out there to donate as well!! It is the very least you can do!

So to summarize: bottom line SYMPTOMS mean NOTHING, HIV test at 3 months is definitive and CONCLUSIVE. what you did is more important in terms of risk! Unprotected oral sex caries a very low risk at best 0.5/10 000 on the Russian roulette wheel, and this is only when we know it is with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive, and it is a conservative CDC estimate! There are no sex-police to watch each and every person giving blow jobs or having sex to create statistics, this is just for RELATIVE RISK based on epidemiolgic evidence!

I guess while Im at it, I might as well answer some of your other questions youve probably received today and save you some time since Ive learned so much from this forum. 1) if youve cheated on your wife or girlfriend with a CSW, tranny, prostitute, crazed ex-gf, craigs list bi guy, gay guy, on business or whatever, and now you want a kid or protect your family since youve come back from an exotic business trip to the brothels that involved too much alcohol or drugs LEVEL with them, your anxiety and guilt are going to kill you. Then test at the 3 month mark. That simple. 2) DO NOT get a western blot or p24 without having repeatedly positive ELISA test first, read up about sensitivity vs specificity and look through the archives! Your question has been answered! 3) frottage and rimming (without visible blood) is not a risk for transmission of HIV 4) nobody is trying to prick you with an HIV contaminated needle while you walk down the street or in a crowd 5) you can not get pregnant for swallowing your first cousin, boyfriends, husbands cum (please stop having sex with direct relatives, there can be serious genetic consequences for your offspring) 6) occupational exposure needs to be reported, and then Routine follow-up with HIV-antibody testing is all that's recommended: testing immediately and at six weeks, three months and six months). You can download a copy of the guidelines for evaluating and treating occupational HIV exposures at http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5409a1.htm. 7) if Dr. Bob has told you that your results indicate you are conclusively negative. YOU ARE NEGATIVE, and if youre still having problems seek psychiatric help and consult with your physician for any other symptoms 8) Rx of PEP should be done by a knowledgeable physician or HIV specialist who can adequately gauge your risk and weigh the pros and cons of PEP vs risk of infection 9) HIV exposure does not equal HIV infection! 10) BE WELL !!! you are NOT alone

If you managed to read through my novella, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. You are my hero, and know that I have been reborn today as an advocate for HIV awareness and will be spreading all that I have learned from you.

Much Love XOXO Rob

PS Thanks for my pre-reserved welcome packet, I would now like to run for president of the Ex-Worried-Wells club!

PPS please use PROPER GRAMMAR and SPELLING people!!! Spell-check was invented for a reason!

Hey Rob,

Yes, I read your novella and heard your WOOOOOOOOO-DE-FRICKIN'-WOOP-DE-EF-FIN-HOOOOOOOOOOOO as I crossed San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge. Next time we perhaps should supply folks within a hundred mile radius with earplugs and an impending WOO-HOO warning.

Congrats Rob! Excellent news and I couldn't be happier for you. Good luck in your run for president of the ex-worried wells' club! (You've got loads of competition!!!)

Thanks for your summary of some of my recurrent themes. I think I can now take the rest of the day off!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's not only warmly appreciated, but urgently needed as well. Your one gift will touch many lives!

Be well. Stay well.

Well Well Well!

Positive Elisa/ Negative Western Blot
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT SOCIALIZED MEDICINE??????