reoccurring rash on back

Hi Dr,

Thanks so much for all you do! I have been hiv pos for 2 years, been on Atripla 1 year. I have never had rashes on my back or anywhere my entire life. For the past several months, I have had re-occurring rashes all over my back, raised, red, itchy, it sometimes creeps over my shoulders onto my upper chest. My doctor keeps telling me it's tinea versicolor, but I sometimes worry that it is a reaction to Atripla, I have had other reactions to Atripla, depression, anxiety, etc. I have taken the pills for what she says is tinea, but it never goes away and lately has been really bad:( Anything you can suggest would be so welcome.

I would suggest you get a second opinion from a dermatologist. This would be the quickest and most effective way to resolve this problem.

Swine Flu, to vaccine or not to vaccine
For the Worriers