Please Help an Anxiety Sufferer Sleep Better

Hi Dr. Bob, I broke up with my girlfriend 6 months ago and I've had 3 experiences with professionals here in California. The first two were brief (I don't last long) protected vaginal sex, where the condom stayed in tact, and the second was a massage where I very briefly performed oral on the outside of her (basically I stuck my tongue out and licked her once and she pulled away after one second). 3 days after that experience I had a sore throat and head cold type symptoms. So should I be freaking out? Do you think I was exposed to HIV? I am happy to donate, I want to support the site and thank you for everything that you do.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent.

Should you be freaking out? No, absolutely not! Rather, I'd suggest you peruse the wealth of information on this site and in its archives, paying particular attention to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. I'm confident you'll find the information both enlightening and very reassuring.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

3 times ELISA NEGATIVE , but WB POSITIVE
Scared!! Like hunting with Dick Cheney scared!