Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sex with Aunty--after 94 days(non-reactive----wooo.........Hooooooooo
Sep 2, 2009

Hi Doc,

This is ths guy who had sex with his aunty who didn't had sex for many years.She got -ve on jul 3 and i also got -ve jluy 15.U replyed that risk is nearly non-existent and get test after 3 months.I guess u remembered me..........

After 94 days from the last day(27/05/2009) of unpotected sex , on 29/08/2009 i got rapid test result as Non-Reactive.

Can i do Wooo.........Hooooooo .

Regards, Purushotham.V

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi P.V.,

Your negative HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark is indeed definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. I still don't think it's a good idea to screw around with one's fikrst degree relatives, as a general principle.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

I am Scared ..Pls Help Doc Aug 1, 2009

Doc..! i had my first sex intercourse with my aunty for 3 months from feb 20 2009 to may end 2009.She also didn't had sex for many years, she is with for 1.5 years in this period she didn't had sex. Because of my fear She got diagnoised with Gaynecologist using Rapid test on july 3 2009, She got HIV negetive.I also diagnosied in one diagnostic center on July 15 2009,i also got NOn-reactive. Is there any chance of getting HIV+ .I am scared please reply me.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You had your first sexual experience with your "aunty"??? Hmm . . . sex with relatives is generally frowned upon for a variety of reasons, but that's not really the point of your question. Out of curiosity how old are you and how old is your "aunty"?

As for your HIV risk, since "aunty's" rapid test from her "gaynecologist" was negative and your July 15th test was also negative, the HIV risk is nearly nonexistent. There is only an extremely remote possibility that Aunty could have been in her window period at the time of her test. However, if she really didn't have sex for 1.5 years before seducing you (I mean sleeping with you), her negative HIV test would be conclusive. In general HIV tests are considered definitive when taken three months or longer from the date of last potential exposure. You can read much more about HIV screening tests in the archives of this forum.

Dr. Bob

Previous
You have a God's word, Dr. Bob , Here is my PCR result ( You have correctly diagnosed me ...)
Next
HEALTH CARE REFORM, WON'T IT BE BAD FOR HIV POSITIVE PEOPLE?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.