Followup:-HIV POSITIVE Girlfriend !!! You ought to help me greatest Doctor

Dearest Doctor Bob,

With reference to question:Q203581

I wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking time to reply to my question. I have one more question for you, hope you will surely do me a favour this time as well.

Doctor, please correct me if i am being irrational over here. You pronounced me as negative based the sexual acts desciption that i wrote to you. Doctor, I really love this girl too much. But i am getting paranoid with each passing moment. I have read your archives but still cant seem to believe that any form of sexual activity with my hiv poz girl is non-risky. Initially, i planned to limit our activites to protected orals and foreplays (that would not include any sort of penetration). But even that is giving me nightmares. You know what i mean, any sort of non-risky activity,too,is giving me sleepless nights. Please help me doctor. Am i being paranoid? Is it okay to indulge in these type of activities with her (e.g. kissing, rubbing our bodies together, receiving protected orals, kissing on ears, etc.).

Thank you so much doctor. You are simply wonderful. I dont haave enough words to say thanks to you so would simply say a short and sweet thank you.

-John

Hello John,

Are you being paranoid? Yep. Unfortunately that is not something I can not help you with over the Internet. You clearly realize that your fears are irrational (". . . any sort of non-risky activity is giving me sleepless nights . . ."). Consequently I would suggest you seek counseling (psychotherapy) for your irrational fears.

"Happily ever after" can be a reality for magnetic couples. My relationship with Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum) is living proof of that! We are a magnetic couple (16 years and counting!) with a phenomenal sex life that is passionate, satisfying and safe.

HIV POSITIVE Girlfriend !!! You ought to help me greatest Doctor Aug 27, 2009

Hi Doctor, Hi doc, hope this message will find you in the best of the spirits and health. I have always been very scared, in fact paranoid, when it comes to hiv. I have always used condoms, without any exception. Now to my exposure:

I began dating a girl 2 months back, and you know what, she was diagnosed hiv positive a few days back. I, sincerely, hope you will find time to help me out.

My exposures to her are as follows: 1) Two times vaginal intercourse with a condom. No condom breakage or leakage. 2) Received oral from her with a condom about 10 times. Never had oral without a condom. 3) On many occasions (I guess at about 10 occasions) we indulged in heavy love making, deep mouth kissing, rubbing our naked bodies (we were wearing our undearwear all the time), kissing each other's bodies passionately, except the genitals.

Needless to say, i am extremely worried. How much risk i am running with for hiv dear doctor? Hope you will reply me dearest doctor. I need your help desperately.

Thank You, John

Hello John,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent based on the information you provided and assuming the latex condoms were used properly and did not fail.

John, you are now part of a magnetic couple (one poz and one neggie). I would suggest you and your positively charged gal pal read through the archives of this forum. We have entire chapters devoted to topics of magnetic couples, HIV sexual prevention, HIV sexual transmission, safer sexual techniques and oral sex among other topics. You should find the information there enlightening and comforting.

Good luck and good health to both you and your girlfriend.

Dr. Bob Please let me sleep tonight.
can undetectable test negative