Barebacked Fool

Barebacked Fool Dr. Bob, I know better but a guy I care for very much fucked me bareback for several minutes, did not finish, withdrew, put on a woman's condom and finished. There had been oral foreplay so there may have been precum which I know carries viruses. (Would saliva dilute the precum?) Later when I wiped there was a little blood. I have since learned that he is HIV+ and that he takes antiretroviral drugs (he is in apparent good health). My question is does the fact that he takes antiretroviral drugs lessen my obvious chances of becoming HIV+? It will be 3 months October 20 when I will certainly get tested and hope and pray I can WOOHOO (please, please send me good karma even though I acted like a fool - - I wanted him in me). (Do I have to hate myself or him?) Fucked Up

I agree barebacking is a foolish and dangerous lapse in judgment. Both you and your positively charged top gun need to share the responsibility for this mistake. He, for knowingly putting you at great risk and you, for allowing him to do so.

Certainly barebacking places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. That you noted some blood when cleaning up potentially increases your HIV-acquisition risk. That your buddy is on HIV medications potentially decreases your risk. (Effective combination antiretroviral therapy that drives HIV plasma viral load to undetectable levels can significantly decrease HIV transmission risk.)

Oral sex carries only a very low risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. There are components of saliva that have antiviral properties, but this does not completely negate all risk.

It's also important to note that even with a documented HIV risk, not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission.

Good luck with your upcoming HIV tests. Please note the CDC recommends HIV-antibody tests at both the three- and six-month marks for significant HIV exposures.

I'm hopeful that by having to endure this entire experience you have learned that barebacking is not worth the potential catastrophic consequences.

I'm here if you need me, OK?

Good luck!

Natural Way of Treating HIV
Haven't found a case like mine