Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hello from prague again =)
Aug 31, 2009

dobry den (good day) Dr. Bob it's me again, the medical student in prague =D how are u doing? hope all is well. a few months ago i asked about being infected by dead bodies during autopsy. well i didn't do my blood test but i'm sure nothing happened as u said =) thanks.

now i have another question. my girlfriend and i will celebrate our anniversary soon. and i was thinking about experiencing a new thing with her as our sort of anniversary celebration =p ... i was thinking about taking her to a tantra massage center in prague which i heard is quite famous... they are not providing sex services, only tantra massage.. they have a tantra massage for couples, and i think it's quite a good gift for her because i think it's very sensual and also romantic ;)

but before we do it, do u think it is a good idea? i was wondering if we might get infected by any STDs from the masseurs... i understand how HIV is transmitted, and so i'm not really worrying for that. but i'm worrying for HPV, HSV or anything like that.. coz as we discussed before, HSV can be transmitted by touching, and it didn't require any skin breaks to enter... so these masseurs have been massaging millions of people around the world.. and they do offer prostate massage, and i'm interested in that too coz i've never had it before and people said it's great!

so if u have time to respond to this question, thank u very much... i decided to ask u before i do it because i'm tired of worrying for something that has already happened=(

oh by the way, i've passed my 3rd year, and going to be in the 4th year soon.. pathology and pathophysiology are very interesting and i will definitely miss my 3rd year.. thank u very much for everything Dr. Bob. take care and hope to see u in prague soon =p

medical student, prague

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Prague Medical Student,

I'm not certain this would be the best anniversary gift for most couples. There is a relatively fine line between tantric massage and sex services. Also, I wonder if your girlfriend will really be interested in watching you get your prostate massaged!

Your risk for STDs, including HIV, HPV and HSV, would be essentially nonexistent, assuming the masseuse washed her hands thoroughly and, of course, wore latex gloves if she gives your prostate some attention. But I urge you to really consider if your partner would really enjoy the kind of celebration you are planning. Most would not.

Happy Anniversary.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Honey and condoms
Next
Dr Bob Please help me. I am GETTING MARRIED.....

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.