Sauna...

Hey doctor, yesterday i went to a gaysauna in Bologna with a friend of mine. I was pretty nervous so i planned on just checking the scene. Anyways, before i knew it i ended up with a guy in a semi-dark room. We jacked off, i rimmed him, we kissed, but didn't fuck. Although i came on the mattress, he came on my body, and a few drops of sperm came on the top of my dick, after which he used it as lube... I enjoyed it for a few seconds, but couldn't fight the idea that he might be having HIV. So i cleaned it off. After a while, we both became hard again and i wanted to blow him. Which was a bad idea ofcourse since he already came. A bit of his sperm touched my tongue, but i spit it out immediately.

Should i worry about having HIV now? :s

a belgian boy who's terribly scared...

Hello Terribly Scared Belgian Boy,

Did you really think you could go to a gay sauna in Bologna and just check out the scene without at least a bit of hanky-panky? Come on dude. All those hunky-spunky horned-up Italian hotties dressed in nothing but a towel??? All things considered, you did reasonably well from a safer sex perspective. Jacking off is safe, although using your partner's spunk as lube is not the wisest idea. There have been no documented cases of HIV transmission/acquisition from rimming, although other STDs can be transmitted/acquired this way. (Check the archives for details.) Oral sex carries only a low risk of HIV transmission/acquisition. So overall your HIV-acquisition risk is very low. The only way to be certain about your HIV status is to get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. And I would encourage you to do so. The odds remain all in your favor that you did not contract HIV in Bologna from your amorous activities with the spicy Italian sausage. For future trips to Italy (and elsewhere), I'd recommend you peruse the wealth of information in the archives pertaining to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. Knowledge is power and this knowledge can keep you safe even when surrounded by Italian spunksters.

I BEG on my KNEES and ask your help...Will donate $50 and need your opinion on Reliability of Tridot (screen test) done in Mumbai, India. (PCR TESTS SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR ROUTINE HIV SCREENING, 2009
What does LOW RISK mean to you and what ELISA trying to tell me?....tail between legs