Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

testing done -please help promised donation
Aug 30, 2009

Dear Doctor Bob First ,i think you are doing a great work here and may god repay you for this

below is my case ,i really hope you could help me

risk1 sex with csw broken condom 5sec exposure risk2 sex with csw durex condom no breakage -but blood visible on bed

test so far 2week antibody neg 3.5week rna qualitative -neg 6week asntibody neg 7.5 antibody +p24 neg 9week antbody 10week antibody+rna viral load neg 100copies 12week antibody neg 13week antibody+rna qualitative neg 120 day antibody + qualitative neg

questions

after all these test any chance i m infected? can these test detect all hiv strians & subtypes? i didnt have any severe sysmtons fever,fatique,or nightsweet etc ,will infected people be without sysmtons after 4months

finally can i woohoo and continue sex with my wife please do help me answer these questions as i m very scared

o almost forgot,how can i donate please teach me i cant find the word says "donate now" pls guide

rgds alex

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Alex,

Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests and "RNA qualitative" tests out to 120 days are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional testing is warranted. From the information provided I have no way of determining if you were screened for HIV-2 or rare subtypes.

"Symptoms" of HIV acute retroviral syndrome are variable from one HIVer to another. They can be so mild as to be unnoticeable or so severe as to require hospitalization. You should not focus on symptoms as they are unreliable predictors of who is and is not HIV infected.

Regarding your wife, I would recommend you level with her. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt and anxiety; it's also the right thing to do. Assuming you were tested for HIV-2 or had no exposure risk to HIV-2 (endemic only in West Africa), yes, you can WOO-HOO!

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thank you for your desire to help those in desperate need.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
CAN THEY DO THIS?????
Next
HIV positive or not?! Scared Mom of 4 kids. Help me.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.