Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV POSITIVE Girlfriend !!! You ought to help me greatest Doctor
Aug 27, 2009

Hi Doctor, Hi doc, hope this message will find you in the best of the spirits and health. I have always been very scared, in fact paranoid, when it comes to hiv. I have always used condoms, without any exception. Now to my exposure:

I began dating a girl 2 months back, and you know what, she was diagnosed hiv positive a few days back. I, sincerely, hope you will find time to help me out.

My exposures to her are as follows: 1) Two times vaginal intercourse with a condom. No condom breakage or leakage. 2) Received oral from her with a condom about 10 times. Never had oral without a condom. 3) On many occasions (I guess at about 10 occasions) we indulged in heavy love making, deep mouth kissing, rubbing our naked bodies (we were wearing our undearwear all the time), kissing each other's bodies passionately, except the genitals.

Needless to say, i am extremely worried. How much risk i am running with for hiv dear doctor? Hope you will reply me dearest doctor. I need your help desperately.

Thank You, John

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello John,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent based on the information you provided and assuming the latex condoms were used properly and did not fail.

John, you are now part of a magnetic couple (one poz and one neggie). I would suggest you and your positively charged gal pal read through the archives of this forum. We have entire chapters devoted to topics of magnetic couples, HIV sexual prevention, HIV sexual transmission, safer sexual techniques and oral sex among other topics. You should find the information there enlightening and comforting.

Good luck and good health to both you and your girlfriend.

Dr. Bob

Previous
might have done something really stupid, answer ASAP!
Next
hiv question (HIV TRANSMISSION BETWEEN TWO HIV NEGATIVES) (HIV FROM TWO HIV NEGATIVES, 2009)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.