|What is the window period for PEP?
Aug 27, 2009
I am taking prescribed Combivir and Kaletra twice a day for 28 days after a risk with a known HIV+ person. How long must I wait since the time of my exposure until I can have 99.9% confidence in my HIV test (provided it is negative)?? I'm so traumatized by this, but I have accepted both outcomes, so it's making the waiting a little easier.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
The recommendation for post-PEP HIV screening is to get an HIV-antibody test at six weeks, three months and six months after the date of exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- After Using Pep Is A Three Month Window Period Accurate
- Sex With A Prostitute Risks
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.