Advise Please

Doc, I had a sexual encounter with CSW 4 weeks back, it was protected, she put on the condom and i remember taking it out with my semen intact

but i am seeing the symptoms i had diarreah twice, once at day 7 and once a day 17

i got tested twice, at 11 days and everything was -ve and at 14 days with pcr RNA

my biggest wory is swollen nodes, i have one node on the left side of my mouth very tender, i can feel the swollenness and little bit tender in my armpits

no fever or rash so far, its been 26 days i am planning to get rapid oral and blood test 2morow and 4 week elisa test on saturday

my questions is if i had protected sex why i am seeing this symptoms and do you think am i infected

please advise and i will contribute definetly

everywebsite and forum says protected no risk and even unprotected 1 in million get infected

whats your opinion tks

You've apparently noted a very consistent message regarding your HIV risk from "every Web site and forum." Did you really think I would have a contrary opinion? Nope, it's unanimous! HIV cannot permeate intact latex (or polyurethane). Consequently if the latex condom was used properly and didn't fail (break), your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent.

I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet.

Regarding HIV testing, I'd suggest you wait until the three-month mark, as HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive or conclusive. I'm quite confident your three-month definitive test will indeed be negative.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test remains negative.

Good luck. Be well.

Scared to death(July 5th)
What is the window period for PEP?