The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please help me get some piece of mind

Aug 26, 2009

Dr. Bod, One month ago I had protected anal sex as a bottom with a TS who came over my stomach. Like a fool, I rubbed the semen over my chest and subsequently rubbed my anus. Please give me your view on the transmission risk associated with this foolish behavior.

You are doing a great service to society and have inspired me to become more focused on philonthropic activities as well and advocacy of HIV education. A contribution to your foundation is forthcoming.

Sincerely...your inspired friend.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Inspired Friend,

"Dr. Bod"??? Hmm . . . I'll take that as a compliment!

Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible. HIV doesn't survive very long outside the body. Plus, the chances you rubbed an adequate amount of fresh HIV-tainted spunk from your chest into the anal canal to actually cause an infection are remote at best.

If you remain worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative. But if it helps put your residual concerns to rest, it will be worth the time and effort.

Thank you for the forthcoming donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation ( It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

something to worry about or not
Availability of PEP

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint