Please help me get some piece of mind

Dr. Bod, One month ago I had protected anal sex as a bottom with a TS who came over my stomach. Like a fool, I rubbed the semen over my chest and subsequently rubbed my anus. Please give me your view on the transmission risk associated with this foolish behavior.

You are doing a great service to society and have inspired me to become more focused on philonthropic activities as well and advocacy of HIV education. A contribution to your foundation is forthcoming.

Sincerely...your inspired friend.

Hi Inspired Friend,

"Dr. Bod"??? Hmm . . . I'll take that as a compliment!

Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible. HIV doesn't survive very long outside the body. Plus, the chances you rubbed an adequate amount of fresh HIV-tainted spunk from your chest into the anal canal to actually cause an infection are remote at best.

If you remain worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative. But if it helps put your residual concerns to rest, it will be worth the time and effort.

Thank you for the forthcoming donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

something to worry about or not
Availability of PEP