Have you ever seen a case?

Dear Dr. Bob, Here is a short question for you. Have you ever heard or seen a case of hiv being acquired by someone who used a condom (and it didn't break), and who had a history of genital hsv-1 outside the condom area (but no active lesions present). I guess the question is long, but the answer can be short. I've written prior questions about genital hsv-1 and hiv transmission, but have received no answer. So this is really all I want to know. I enjoy and appreciate your site. Thanks, trying to be careful as possible.

No, I haven't. But then again I haven't specifically been looking for this correlation. The information about healed herpetic lesions and HIV transmission is "hot off the press." Consequently, now we are all attuned to look for such cases!

Thank You - 2nd Chance Guy
HIV infection