Testosterone Replacement Therapy
Aug 24, 2009
Dr. Bob I forgot to ask you something in my little thank you letter to you today. Is testosterone replacement therapy considered immunosuppresive enough to give a false negative result on an HIV test? I'm on 125cc per week/injectable (testosterone enanthate). Would that alter the results of my HIV test?
Thanks Not Terrified in Miami Anymore!
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hi Not Terrified,
Nope! Your testosterone replacement therapy would not affect the accuracy of your HIV-antibody test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Put Condom On Backwards Is It Still Effective Against Hiv
- When You Get Herpes Does It Show Right Away?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What Does Herpes Do To The Spine?
- Testing Positive For Herpes With No Symptoms
- Syphilis Chancre Sores And Tea Tree Oil
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.