The Perverbial Rub and Tug - (donation en route)

Dr. Bob,

I was going to make my question rhyme in prose but the anxiety is destroying the creativity. A donation to your wonderful organization has been made as well.

Basically, full body massage with a happy ending. The masseuse was fully clothed and I did not touch her or penetrate her in anyway. She stayed on the ground while I remained on the table. I had no open sores or cuts but I cannot confirm the condition of her hands. Massage lasted 35 min and the handjob was 1-2 min with an oil.

Any risk of HIV? No risk or "essentially no risk?" I took an ELISA at 6 weeks and it was negative, knowing that 3 months is the true confirmation mark. I also came clean and advised the wife (who was not pleased to say the least), as I was consumed with guilt and fear.

Am I safe to have unprotected sex with her again (and we have since) without infecting her from this one-time handjob? I can't sleep and have done lots of crying worried that I have infected her and our newborn.

Am I going to be the first reported case of HIV from a handjob? The 6 week test helped with the anxiety but I am in need of an expert, logical opinion.

Thank you for your time and attention and for being there for so many people.

L.W.

Hi L.W.,

See below.

A Serious Question in Iambic Pentameter Aug 22, 2009

Thank you Dr. Bob, for taking the time to answer me, I've been pulling out my hair, concerned over HIV. I think I know the answer, but my anxiety will not rest, Even though I did receive a six-week neg ELISA test.

My risk I hope was zero, but I leave that for you to tell. I've leveled with my wife, but I am still in living hell. So I will explain what I did, nothing new to you for sure, Wanting nothing more, than your words I hope will cure.

I went to a massage spa, where I received the rub and tug, She remained fully clothed, her feet firmly on the rug. I laid on the table, for about 40 minutes or so. Then she lubed her hands with oil and tossed it to and fro.

There was no other contact, all types I did avoid, No oral, no anal, no vaginal, no lingual, no kind of sexual toys. It was as simple as it could get, as safe as I thought could be, But now I am terrified that I was at risk for HIV.

Feeling much guilt for what I had done, and fearing for my life, Now I'm terribly worried that I've given HIV to my wife. So what is the risk of such a thing? This manual manipulation? And regardless of your answer, your org still gets a donation.

With my sincerest appreciation,

Tom

P.S. Is essentially no risk the same as no risk?

Hey Tom,

How could I refuse to respond to a question in Iambic pentameter??? Had I a bit more time I would have tried to rhyme my answer, but since I've been away for the past few days, my questions inbox is ready to spontaneously combust. So I'll respond in prose and keep the answer brief. Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent.

Tom, you do realize that other anxious questioners will read this and see that I responded to your impressive rhyming. And they will try to do the same. I can just imagine all the "There once was a lady from Nantucket" limericks I'm going to be getting!

Be well. Stay well. Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. It's warmly appreciated.

Tom, just remember:

If all you did is a rub and tug There's no way you could catch the bug!

Another stripper story with a twist!
a thank you