Another stripper story with a twist!

Dear Dr. Bob,

I really appreciate your gesture of answering our endless questions.

Well I guess u must b tired of stripper stories by now. But here is another one.

I was at a local strip club yesterday where the strippers allow you you to touch their body during the lap dance. I got one too. But, my finger had a cut from three days ago and it was not bleeding. I did not touch her vagina but did touch her tits and her butts and felt her stomach. I did not notice any blood after I had touched her and nor did she bleed during the dance. Now, I'm totally worried about having HIV from various body secretions and these secretions / possible minute blood secretions entering the body through the healing cut.

My questions:

Is there a possibility of getting infected with HIV in this case?

What should I do? Should I get tested? What about taking PEP?

I'm totally freaked out. Pls. help. Best,

John

Hi John,

1. No.

2. Stop worrying.

3. No, testing is not warranted medically.

4. PEP is definitely not warranted.

John, your freak-out is completely unwarranted. Read through the archives and the impressive number of questions similar to yours about lap dances at the Badda Bing. You should find this information reassuring.

If despite my reassurance you remain worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark for peace of mind. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Be well.

Depression, thy name is me
The Perverbial Rub and Tug - (donation en route)