The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Another stripper story with a twist!

Aug 23, 2009

Dear Dr. Bob,

I really appreciate your gesture of answering our endless questions.

Well I guess u must b tired of stripper stories by now. But here is another one.

I was at a local strip club yesterday where the strippers allow you you to touch their body during the lap dance. I got one too. But, my finger had a cut from three days ago and it was not bleeding. I did not touch her vagina but did touch her tits and her butts and felt her stomach. I did not notice any blood after I had touched her and nor did she bleed during the dance. Now, I'm totally worried about having HIV from various body secretions and these secretions / possible minute blood secretions entering the body through the healing cut.

My questions:

Is there a possibility of getting infected with HIV in this case?

What should I do? Should I get tested? What about taking PEP?

I'm totally freaked out. Pls. help. Best,


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi John,

1. No.

2. Stop worrying.

3. No, testing is not warranted medically.

4. PEP is definitely not warranted.

John, your freak-out is completely unwarranted. Read through the archives and the impressive number of questions similar to yours about lap dances at the Badda Bing. You should find this information reassuring.

If despite my reassurance you remain worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark for peace of mind. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Depression, thy name is me
The Perverbial Rub and Tug - (donation en route)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint