never seen this question asked please answer I am so scared donated $50.00

Dr. Bob,

I have a question in what may delay the production of hiv antibodies. I had a high risk exposure the beginning of this year. I didn't know I had hpv and had unprotected sex with this guy and if I could turn back time I so would. I found out he has been with a ton of different girls and he lied to me about being clean. Anyways my question being since I didn't know I had hpv and my doctor told me after the fact of me having sex with this loser that I had cin 2 mild cervical dysplaysia. She performed the leep on me in the beginning of april and in my follow up in may she said it all cleared up. I had a test done in may that was negative which was about 3 months post exposure. She said that the test is conclusive but I didn't believe her. I had open lesions therefore making it easier for me to contract hiv. I went to an hiv specialist last week and she performed an elisa test on me which would be six months post exposure it came out negative or non-reactive. I also had hep b c done in july which came back negative. She told me however that if I was co-infected with hiv and hep or hpv this would delay the antibody production and now she is doing another test on me due to all my symptoms. I have a new partner and am very concerned as we had unprotected sex a few times because I believed I was negative and now I am concerned I could of infected him. He has proof that he is negative so I know he wouldn't of infected me. Could the hpv or possibly hep or another underlying illness delay antibody production past 6 months I am so scared. I would accept the test results but the doctor doesnt like my symptoms and she is freaking me out. I am asking your opion because she also said something about subtypes or something. I don't know shit about this disease all I know is I am scared as hell and don't know what to do or think. My tongue is scaring the hell out of me on top of that I have cobweb floaters, nightsweats in my chest area, headaches that are daily a burning and pain in my underarms and back area, and my menstrual cycle made me very sick to the point I couldn't go to work. I am dizzy and really don't have an explanation for what else may be causing this. They have tested me for autoimmune disorders and those came back negative as well. She said my symptoms usually occur when someone is close to having aids that is why I am flipping out so bad. She is really scaring me. Is it possible that my body is not producing antibodies or it is a strain that isn't being detected? Please help your the best and I will trust what you have to say. This doc has me very scared. Please please help me...

You don't need additional HIV tests. Rather you need a more competent doctor who isn't scaring the bejesus out of you! I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion!

You have been screened for hepatitis B and C. You don't have either one. Why are you even worried if hepatitis could delay antibody production beyond six month? HPV, which you do have, does not affect anti-HIV antibody production or the duration of the HIV window period.

Your symptoms are consistent with stress and anxiety, not HIV.

Crohn's Disease extend window? Need a Wooo Hooo
Take The Test!