Spent night in ER - Please read

Doc -

I have been healing emotionally from an HIV scare 2 years ago - vaginal sex with csw. I was tested thoroughly and overdid it. I had negative antibody (both rapid and blood) tests at 1 month, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, 10 months and 1 year. I also had CBC ran quarterly for that first year. I even had an RNA test run at the clinic here in Los Angeles that does it for free - and it came back negative according to the employe I spoke with on the phone.

Over the last year I have been tested only once and attended therapy for OCD every week. It is a real disease and I truly believe it has been the root of my troubles....guilt + OCD = obsessive HIV concerns.

Last night I went to the ER with severe chest pain. In the ER they ran a CBC along with many other tests. My CBC came back with irregularly low WBC (4.2), RBC (4.10), HGB (13.3), HCT (37.6), MCH (32.4).

My doctor told me not to worry but I of course relapsed and fear it is HIV. Please help me calm these irrational fears or advise if you do believe these CBC results warrant reopening the HIV testing chapter of my life.

I absolutely agree with your equation: Guilt plus OCD equals irrational HIV concerns!

Regarding your CBC from last night's ER visit, I agree with the physician you saw. Your CBC results are not at all worrisome for HIV/AIDS. Your problem continues to be OCD, not HIV. I strongly advise you continue your therapy for OCD and remember HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. I agree you've had way too many already.

Un protected sex
very scared....PEP and swollen glands??