Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please answer this question before I go crazy- I promise to donate again.
Aug 23, 2009

Dear Dr. Bob, I know you get lots of questions and could not get to mine yesterday. But with all the misinformation on the internet your opinion is really the only one I've come to trust and respect. I hope you can answer my question today. As I stated on my previous post, about 7 weeks ago I had the last of about four sexual encounters where I gave and received oral sex to men of unknown HIV status. On two of those encounters the men surprised me by ejaculating in my mouth (which I spit out quickly). On my previous post, about a month ago, you informed me that this carried only a very small HIV risk- which relieved me greatly. The only problem now is that I since that time I've continued to have gastrointestinal problems. My gastro problems began when I started feeling anxious about my sexual encounters. Since that time my stomach problems have progressed from mild cramps to mild stomach pains and very frequently having to go to the toilet shortly after a meal. I went to see a doctor about my anxiety and he prescribed Klonopin .5mg twice a day as well as Librax twice a day for my gastro issues. They help somewhat but not completely. Aside from my gastrointestinal issues, I have not had any other major complaint. No fatigue, fever, rash, sore throat or flu like symptoms. I guess my questions to you are, and I hope you will be able to answer them: 1.Do you think my gastrointestinal problems are HIV related or anxiety related, and 2. From all of the posts you've read, have you ever had someone had gastrointestinal problems like mine for the entire 12 weeks until they got tested? Please expect another donation for your great work!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

My assessment and advice remain unchanged. Your anxiety and gastrointestinal problems will clear up once you get tested and realize you are HIV negative. Continue to follow up with your doctor for ongoing treatment of your anxiety.

Thanks for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated. I'm sending additional good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. I'm confident it will indeed be negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hiv infection!!!!!!!!
Next
Un protected sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.