3rd time - Can I put my mine at ease Dr.Bob?

Dear Dr.Bob I am asking this question for the 3rd time now and I really NEED your kind answer.

I have one exposure a year and 5 months ago, which end up with blood from the girl on the condom and my T-Shirt's lower.

During that time I have done 11 Elisa and 3 PCR tests as following:

Elisa: after 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, 12 months, 16 months, 23 months and 33 months.

PCR: 1 week, 1 month, and 6 months.

all were negative (thanks God).

I know this is too much! and I am sure that you felt already how much scared I am :(

and since the incident time, I have done three surgeries, as following: 1- Removal of a testical tumor (tistical cancer). [12 Months] that was followed with Radiation Treatment [16 Months].

I was under the radiotherapy for a month only (5 days a week). for the lymph nodes in the right of my abdominal cavity.

Note: the tumor was there before the incident though, but hasn't been enlarged yet, it started to grow bigger 5-6 months after the incident.

2- a small surgery to clean up one Sinusitis. [19 months]

3- another small but painful surgery for the Hemorrhoids. [25 months]

After carrying out these tests I did feel relaxed, but my bad thoughts bring me back to my anxiety :(

---------------

I know these test are conclusive. But I have some conditions that I went through and I need them to be clarified to put it all behind.

now my bad thoughts came back saying that antibodies in the last test was dropped because of the radiation effect on the immune system :(

Could this be true? And what about the testicular tumor? Would it effects the antibodies development? since it was there from the beginning!

After I got the last test, I decided to get married. But these bad thoughts suggest putting my future wife and family at risk :(

I am really looking forward to receive relaxing answers...

Thanks Dr. Bob, I really appreciate your help an care, please don't ignore me this time..

thanks again

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. Getting blood on a condom or a T-shirt is not a risk for acquiring HIV!

Predictably your 11 negative ELISA tests out to 33 months and your 2 undetectable PCR tests at 1 and 6 months corroborate what we already knew: You are HIV negative. Your three surgeries, radiation treatment and testicular cancer are not a concern regarding HIV testing, because you have essentially no HIV risk. Even if your radiation treatment affected your immune system to the point you had difficulty producing anti-HIV antibodies, you still would have laboratory proof that you are not HIV infected as the PCR assays do not utilize anti-HIV antibodies! Whether your radiation therapy affected antibody production is dependent on the dose, duration of treatment and timing of the HIV-antibody test. However, as I mentioned above, this is all a moot point, because your HIV risk is nonexistent and you have other laboratory tests that do not involve antibody production that conclusively prove HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Your worries are unwarranted. I agree your testing has been highly excessive (and completely unnecessary). Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing.

You Are An Expert
Hiv infection!!!!!!!!