Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

traumatized and scared
Aug 17, 2009

dear dr bob, I havent been sleeping well been good and have been in a monogamous relationship. tested for everything in the past all is well, but fears of mine havent disappeared from a traumatic experience. I recently was in mass and got some holy water in my eye i have been so paranoid lately and i am scared that i can get hiv or an std thru this experience. I know you can get sick if viruses can get in your eye pls help me and tell me to let it go about to get married cant live like this doctor am I being irrational? stupid? paranoid thanks so much

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Once again, see below.

Dr. Bob

water from heaven pls help Aug 14, 2009

dear dr, thank you fir your time i just need your your knowledge. I recently got some holy water in my eye. I am so afraid that i can get hiv? std? herpes from this? is this even possible Pls calm my fears am i crazy? thank you so much have donated to your loving cause

Hi,

Dear readers, please check to see if I've already responded to your previous question before resubmitting questions. See below.

Dr. Bob

eye and holy water worried wreck Aug 11, 2009

Dear Dr Bob, I hope Im just being silly!I am going crazy thinking of this. I accidentally splashed some holy water in my eye. I know a lot of people dip their hands in the bowl. I am afraid that I can get hiv thru this? Can I get herpes an std? thank you so much I have been I worried wreck

Hi,

HIV transmission via holy water at church?!?! Hmm . . . now that would certainly be an interesting story, unlike the Vatican's usual poppycock about homosexuality being an abomination or condoms having holes in them that HIV swims through. However, the HIV-holy water story is just as untrue. The facts are:

1. Your HIV-transmission risk is nonexistent.

2. Homosexuality is normal and healthy.

3. HIV cannot permeate intact latex of polyurethane condoms.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I ended up spending the money...
Next
Microbicide delay for greater vaccine test pool? (MICROBICIDES, 2009)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.