Aug 14, 2009
Thank you for the reply to my questions.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Corticosteroids - computed tomography, x-rays, antibiotics Aug 13, 2009
Bonjour Dr Bob,
I'm writing you in reply to my previous post 2 days ago. ( http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q203286.html ) (computed tomography, x-rays, antibiotics ). You have been so helpful to me, and hope to answer to this post again.
I have a few questions for you. Next week will be 12 weeks since my exposure (unprotected vaginal sex with a college girl, not high risk girl, but unprotected is unprotected). I'm going for a HIV test (1/2/antigen) Eclia 4 generation.
But, one week after exposure, I was playing soccer with my friends, and one of them, broke my cheek bone and arcade. (accidentally) I write you in details, to see if one of next things will affect my window period or test accuracy.
1) x-ray performed on head - NO affect on window period or test at 12 weeks, right? 2) CAT - NO affect on window period or test at 12 weeks, right ? 3) my eye was with blood on it, so I received next medicine: 1.1) TAROSIN (rutosidum) - food supplement - NO affect ....? 1.2) VITAMIN C - NO affect ...? 1.3) INDOCOLLYRE - eye solution - NON steroidal anti-inflammatory - NO affect ...?
4) AUGMENTIN (5 days) - antibiotics - NO affect on window period or test at 12 weeks, right?
5) after 4 weeks I've done Otitis on my right ear, swiming in thermal water (like romans do) (Have you seen the movie Rome?) Doctor give me next drugs: 5.1) Doxycycline (7 days) antibiotics - NO affect on window period or test at 12 weeks, right? 5.2) Aponil (NIMESULIDUM) (20 tablese) - non steroidal anti-inflammatory ... NO affect ..? 5.3) Rhinocort Aqua spray (for nose, 2 times / day ) - 2 weeks - corticosteroids ???? Here is my question...I've read through your posts, and even if Rhinocort Aqua is a corticosteroids, it have NO affect on window period or test, right? 5.4) ciplox (ciprofloxacin) - ear solution...NO affect ...right?
6) All these medicine, combine, have NO affect on window period or test results?
I'm asking all these, because I want to be sure that my test at 12 weeks, is accurate and definitive. I have no other illness. I'm a healty 30 years old man.
Can I wooooooohoooooooooo if I get a negative result?
I owe your a good wine, in Paris, when you are coming...Wish you all the best in the world. God bless you.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Neither the drugs you listed nor procedures you've had will affect HIV-antibody results. Yes, if you test negative three months or longer from the date of potential exposure, you can WOO-HOO with confidence!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- AIDS Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Bloody Urine After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.