Dr Ronald Mitsuyasu reply to gene therapy trials

Dear Dr Robert, thank you for your information to get started in gene therapy,

l contacted Dr Ronald Mitsuyasu and he has told me it will be a few years before he will be starting gene therapy trials again for hiv,

Dr Ronald also said in 10 years time we will see gene therapy treatments coming into force to combat hiv,

Once again thank you so much Dr Bob for your help and support and also Dr Ronald told me to say hello,

Dr Bob this should give us all hope that we could have cutting edge new treatments in 10 years or so that will take us a step closer to the holy grail cure for hiv,

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for your kind comments. To find out more about currently enrolling gene therapy clinical trials you should contact one of the research sties where the clinical trials are being conducted. As with any research clinical trial there are risk involved. To learn more about the risks involved in a specific clinical trial you'll need to review the protocol you are interested in with one of the clinical investigators. I would suggest

you contact the HIV/AIDS clinical trials division at UCLA. They will have much more complete information on the OZ1 stem cell gene therapy clinical trials than I have. If you do wind up seeing Dr. Mitsuyasu, please give him my warmest regards!

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for the 411!

DR., Haven't seen this type question posted yet! Pls answer.